The greatest concentration of Chicago mansions was found on the North Side, in particularly, on Lake Shore Drive, State Parkway, Dearborn Parkway, and Astor Street, which is where you will find the Patterson-McCormick Mansion, on the corner of Burton Place. Designed in 1892 by architect Stanford White, of McKim, Mead & White, the four-story Italian Renaissance palazzo was built as a wedding gift from Chicago Tribune publisher Joseph Medill (1823-1899) for his daughter, Elinor, who married Tribune editor Robert Wilson Patterson (1850-1910). In 1914, Cyrus Hall McCormick II (1859-1936) purchased the mansion and in 1927 he hired architect David Adler (1882-1949) to add an addition, doubling the size. In 1978, the mansion was converted into nine condominiums.
The McCormick Mansion Condos for Sale ~ 1500 North Astor Street
Exquisite Full Floor Residence Of Landmark Patterson - Mccormick Mansion. Flooded With Light Boasting 10 Foot Plus Ceilings. Gracious Rooms With Soaring Windows, Pristine Inlaid Hardwood Floors And Rich Moldings Throughout. Four Working Fireplace...
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity program of Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. Real Estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Sotheby's International Realty are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo or the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the names of the listing brokers. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold and may no longer be available. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Many homes contain recording devices, and buyers should be aware they may be recorded during a showing.
Listing information last updated on April 25th, 2019 at 10:36pm CDT.